Replacing the Van...What about an HHR?

Have you guys seen the Chevy HHR?

I figured, even if I quit playing in bands and didn't have to haul around amps and speakers, I'd still look pretty cool...

I started out looking at a 95 Caravan. Friend of mine has it, but it has two drawbacks: it's a short one; I like having the longer one, and it has a 3.0 litre Mitsu engine in it. Not known for their reliability, but it does run very well. FWD besides...

Thought about the Subaru wagons I had seen. Good price, adequate mileage, plenty of room, AWD. Reasonable prices.

Then I remembered seeing some Mazda MPV's at a reliable dealer in Northampton. I went down to take a look. They had some Suby wagons, besides. The Wagons were $15-18,000, the vans were $14-18,000.

But, I parked right in front of a Solara. A silver Solara. A silver Solara, from Florida. A siler Solara from Florida with 38,000 miles...

"Want to try a van?" "Get the keys to the Solara..."

I pick it up in about 2 1/2 weeks...

Screw the Van...

BTW, the HHR...CHEVY!!! GIVE IT A SIX!!!! Damn thing couldn't get out of it's own way!!!! I could just imagine adding 9-1200 lbs of amps and speakers!!! (If the HHR hadn't been TOTALLY GUTLESS! they might have made a sale...)

Oh...$11,500, in case you're wondering...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You're like my sister. She's thinking about replacing her 95 Corolla. With another Toyota, of course. . . . Every Toyota she's ever owned has lived to at least 10 years and 150,000 miles. One's made it to 12 and 216,000, since I bought it off her when she bought her current Corolla!

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

You checked it for flood damage?

Reply to
Art

Nah, these guys are trustworthy. They don't sell salvage titles.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Wanna buy an LHS?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I suppose I *really* need a van or a station wagon, and I'm paying full KBB ($1000 less than NADA), but I also need some gas mileage...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You should keep the rear seat out of your old LHS. It would make a great couch.

We have 2 new cars. A Honda minivan and a Accord Hybrid. The Avalon was traded. We are giving the 300M to my in-laws in Florida. We plan on shipping it there which will be a new experience for us.

Reply to
Art

So, no more Toyotas. Why do you continue to stay in this group?

Reply to
badgolferman

How dare you mistreat your in-laws by giving them a used Crapsler? :-D

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Oh, Come On... the thing is FUGLY!

snip

Solara convertibles are nice...

noneyabusiness

Why buy an HHR when you can get an original PTCruiser that already has a proven track record. It is as reliable as a Toyota according to Consumer Reports. Made in Mexico. Bad news for UAW.

Reply to
Art

Being a Honda owner, why are you still here?

Reply to
The beneVolent dbu

There haven't been enough PiTy Crappers sold since 2002 or so to produce an accurate reliability rating. Let's see how they hold up in 5 years time since it is based on the Neon--a proven piece of junk.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

I like it! But I liked the old "piewagons" from the 50's it's styled after. I have ALWAYS liked vans, since I was a little kid!

Hopefully, Solara Coupes are, too.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Because of the cargo requirement, and the fact the PT is a Neon.

The rear suspension impinges on the cargo area way too much to carry the gear I have. The HHR does not. But I want something that can get to Highway speeds BEFORE I get to where I'm going!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think I might leep it for a winter beater. I has cost me NOTHING and will probably go another 3-5 years no problem. Needs shocks, a motor or tranny mount, an axle and a valve cover gasket. Oh, and no AC. About $1000 to fix. Good winter car.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Drive a PT and drive a Neon. They have virtually nothing in common except for floorpan.

Reply to
Art