REQ: SCION XB 2005 CONSUMER REPORTS

Does anyone have the full article to the Scion XB 2005 Consumer Reports, heard that there were problems with it, can anyone post what problems it listed?

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Wando

Wando, the run down was that the car gets a poor mark in the "ride" category, such that the car would be a bit fatiguing for long trips. Also the car is called "a bit poky." But still the CR give the xB a recommended status, and generally piles on compliments about the designs economy with regards to space use and fuel efficiency. I don't own one and haven't test driven one, but the thing seems to be the only truly compact, affordable, and well-built wagon on the market.

ewp

Wando wrote:

that there were problems with it, can anyone post what problems it listed?

Reply to
edwinwillmore

I haven't read the CR blurb, but those items you've entered seem true. My xB is a bit tiring for long trips; that's what the Camry's for -- the xB gets me to and fro work. It's also "poky", true, but there's always a tradeoff between fuel economy and performance, so I'm happy. It IS compact, affordable, and well-built. It's also HUGE inside for such a small vehicle. I even carried a 27-foot extension ladder home in mine (OK, it's one of those "Giant" things; it's still impressive.)

Don (happy xB owner)

Reply to
Don Fearn

that there were problems with it, can anyone post what problems it listed?

I looked at the Xb, and the Matrix / Vibe. I got the Vibe. The Toyotas didn't have what I wanted (Standard Shift) and they weren't available in the summer when I needed a car. The Vibe has lots of room in the back, the back seats fold down, and the sytling isn't quite as radical as the Xb. The Vibe has enough balls for me, not for drag racing, but it is good for passing on the highway. The only real compliants that I have are the seats are too hard, and the steering wheel is too far away from you, and is positioned wrong so that you have to keep both hands on the wheel all the time, and you have no place to rest your elbows while you drive.

Reply to
John Karpich

I test drove an automatic and manual transmission model xB, so I don't know why you would say Toyota does not have a manual. Perhaps this was only at your local dealership. I would still buy the xB if they put the

2.4 L Camry engine in the vehicle. The 1.8 L engine was a "bit pokey" even with the manual transmission and the AC was useless. The 1.8 L engine is fine in the lighter Echo, but not in the xB.
Reply to
ma_twain