Reset Sienna car alarm

Hi,

Ever since I change the battery of my 2002 Sienna, the red LED for the car alarm is lit all the time. The LED is ON no matter I activate or deactivate the car alarm. The alarm itself works normally though.

Does anyone know how to reset the alarm such that the LED is blinking when alarm is activated, and is OFF when alarm is deactivated?

Thanks.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Wang

If you can, find the control box, get a part number and Google it. Toyota isn't in the Alarm Manufacturing business, so like a lot of parts, they buy the alarms from other sources. Chances are it's an Audiovox Prestige or something. And instead of Part Number, I should have said MODEL NUMBER. It will have a Toyota part number on it. It's up under the dash...somewhere...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I found out how to reset the alarm. Press and hold the button switch behind the LED, turn on and then off the ignition key three times. This step will reset alarm.

Reply to
Joe Wang