Ride quality? Toyota Echo vs. Toyota Scion Xa

*circumcising Eric with a fork*

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It was a bit stiff when I test-drove it, but I think that's to be expected of a VVTi that hasn't racked up any miles. Otherwise, I love the car, but it's for my husband anyway. That much-maligned FX-16 was hubby's primary vehicle when he was here in the states. He's coming back from a remote tour of Korea, around June 17th. I can't wait! (I drive a 2000 Echo, that will be getting a decent paint job soon)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Too late.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

HA! Drop trou!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Natalie,

IMO, you could enhance the uniqueness of your Echo by getting one of those chameleon paint jobs that changes colors as it passes by or one of those flame paint jobs or even faux wood siding. Combine that with a set of those nifty spinning hubcaps and a custom designer Burberry upholstery job and everyone would be Jonesin' for that Echo!

If you saw the movie "Johnson Vacation", you might fall in love with the Burberry upholstery and spinning hubcaps combo that they had on the Lincoln Navigator.

I saw a couple that appeared to be in their late 60's or early 70's in a late model silver Corolla yesterday afternoon. The woman (with the obligatory dark sunglasses with side shades on the temple) was driving, and the car had spinning hubcaps! I believe that they are trendsetters among the post 20's crowd here in the windy city and a new paint job is your big opportunity to be a trendsetter down in Sunny FLA!

Reply to
Ray O

Yeah, why not be the most lame Black stereotype ever? Hardly.

Dood, you need to stop watching UPN (Under Paid Negroes)'s alleged comedies

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Sorry. No net cam.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

You suck

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I'm too much of a gentleman to respond to that one, but man I wish I could.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

Already there, you him-bo

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Sorry, I didn't realize that the spinning hubcap and designer upholstry was a Black stereotype thing. Now I feel like an insensitive idiot and I apologize. Around here, young people of all races want spinning hubcaps. One of the (White) boys in our Scout troop thought that I should upgrade my Lexus by investing in some spinners. I thought it was a young hip stereotype.

Hmmm, maybe that's why my kids think I'm old!

I watch very little TV, maybe 2-3 hours a month, because I have so little free time and most TV shows are not very entertaining, regardless of network. I catch Everybody Loves Raymond late night reruns on WGN or Becker on UPN once or twice a month and Discovery here and there. I do listen to Food Network in the background when my wife is watching. Now that you mention it, I guess UPN does advertise a lot of comedy shows with Black actors and actresses, it never dawned upon me that there were more than on other channels. I guess I need to crank up my awareness and sensitivity a bit because I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most sensitive guy around.

BTW, I honestly saw the (White) elderly couple in the Corolla with spinning wheels yesterday! I didn't make it up! Before I choke on my foot, I'm not saying you're old, just not at the cutting edge of automobile fashion ;-)

No hard feelings?

Reply to
Ray O

Hey Ray - If you haven't noticed it yet, Natalie has a just a Little Bit more taste and class than that. (Then again, she hangs out here with us bums, so the exact levels are open to debate...)

The chroma-change paint - that I could see (though it's expensive stuff!) But more likely a proper paint job in a noticeably non-stock color she really likes. A nice Metallic or Pearl, with a clear coat. But stupid "Bling Bling" stuff like 20" wheels with spinners or a Tijuana Special tuck-and-roll interior? Fuhgeddaboudit. ;-)

And 'a proper paint job' means they do the underside of the hood and trunk lids, the engine compartment, behind the grille, door jambs and exposed interior metal too, with the dulling agent as required on the interior panels. Chrome and trim pieces removed before paint, not masked around. Make it look like it came from the factory that way.

They had to borrow their grandkids car, or that was the body shop loaner while theirs was in the shop - that, or they simply had no taste... :-0

If I was stuck driving a Pimpmobile like that around I'd wear sunglasses and a full disguise too, so nobody recognizes me.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I can live with that.

------------------------------------------------ The DNC - Building a bridge to the 20th Century.

Reply to
Eric Dreher

What is Bling Bling? (or am I THAT out of touch with what is going on?)

I don't know - the car appeared to be stock except for the spinning wheel covers. No radio station stickers in the window, big speakers in the rear window visible.

Reply to
Ray O

heh - actually, I thought you were kidding LOL

Heh - don't sweat it

Of course not!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

LOL good point

DAYUM *taking notes* I'm getting the Echo painted soon

LOL me too!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It's a rapper term for expensive things, particularly jewelry

I admit I like the spinning rims, but at my age, I'd look ridiculous. What I think is downright FUGly, are those Conestoga wagon wheels on cars these days. I'll bet those things suck for traction, but the looks alone would keep me away! I've seen so many otherwise beautiful cars ruined by those things. I think the designer must have watched Back To The Future III too many times.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Well...actually it IS written properly as 'MB' Nat...

(sorry, to nitpick, didn't want you running around under a misapprehension) :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Actually, in the rules of grammar, he/she should have written out the entire words. I know, I know - it's the internet where initials rule.

Natalie, double-nitpicking

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I was kidding about the Burberry interior and spinners. When we saw the the Burberry interior in the movie, I immediately thought of my future daughter-in-law, who has a thing for "Burberry" accessories like purses and scarves that she buys for $10 from someone out of their trunk on her business trips to NY. My wife keeps threatening me with removal of body parts if I mention that the plaid patterns are crooked and don't even match at the seams.

Phew! survived without a fwapping!

Reply to
Ray O