Ride quality? Toyota Echo vs. Toyota Scion Xa

I never would have guessed that. I guess I need work on my vocabulary.

Actually those Conestoga wagon wheels themselves do not affect traction because traction is all in the tires. In theory, the lower aspect ratio tires have improved handling because there is less sidewall flex but there is diminishing returns to scale. Since there is so little cushioning in those tires, they ride like a Conestoga wagon and potholes will blow out the tire and bend the wheels. Clever idea by wheel and tire designers - they sell lots more replacements than normal!

Reply to
Ray O

Ah

Oh, I might still fwap you - I enjoy that

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You must not have a couple of MTV-loving teens

Amen! I still think they're ugly as f*ok.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Shhhhhh...... so do I

Reply to
Ray O

I just bought a new xa 3 days ago and find the ride just the way I like it: firm. I live in Minnesota where there are a lot of cracks and bumps in the roads. I've ordered some 16" alloys and Kumho tires and a rear sway bar to tighten up the handling. I'll put winter tires on the stock steel rims. BTW I'm 54; not quite the demographic Toyota had in mind.... I've read on a Scion user group that the supension loosens up after a few hundred miles, so your test rides might not indicate how the car would ultimately feel to you. See if you could test drive a used one.

Reply to
null_pointer

Just as it was with my Echo; I see more middle-aged to elderly folks behind the wheel of Echoes. I was 41 when I bought mine.

Too late! I've already ordered it. It's OK, though - a Toyota by any other name is just as sweet.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I've seen your picture. When you fib on your age, you're supposed to subtract years, not add them!

Besides, I don't consider 41 middle-aged or elderly!

Reply to
Ray O

41 is just out of high school, LOL.
Reply to