Rising Toyota RAV4 Sales in Russia Lead to Local Production

From CS

Following a streak of strong RAV4 sales in Russia, Toyota has taken the decision to begin local production of the SUV at its manufacturing facility in Saint Petersburg from 2016. The factory's entire production will be destined for Russia and Belarus.

The current generation RAV4 will join the Camry sedan that has been built at Toyota's Russian factory since the start of operations in

2007, represent ?Since the RAV4 was launched in the Russian market in 2002, it has been extremely well received by Russian consumers. By localising the production of RAV4 at TMMR, we further commit to continuing our contributions to the development of the Russian automobile industry and providing products that satisfy Russian consumers.? - View the attachments for this post at:
MummyChunk