second chip key for corolla 2005????

i am looking for a new or in other words a second key for my toyota corolla

2005 which is computer chip key and went to locksmith they can not do it, any guidance within reasonable price/cost...will appreciate your responses... when i say second key, just means the one will start the car also, not only for the doors...
Reply to
gurus11 via CarKB.com

Have you tried your local Toyota dealer?

Reply to
Ray O

yeah, the 05 and 06 computer keys are security restricted to dealers only.

Reply to
frcorey

There was a guy on ebay goes by the name joefriday2 that offered copies of "all those kind of keys."

I nearly used him to make copies of my 98 Mustang keys as the local Ford dealer wanted $150 for each key (yes, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY), but found another dealer in an adjacent city that would do it for $70.

So, I never used the ebay service and don't know how good it is. But as mentioned you might try local toyota dealers and you might check a few of them as you may find what I did, another dealer being much cheaper. Luck...

Reply to
timbirr