Second toughts amoung some Pruis owners?

What is this, the king has no clothes???

>The Fuel savings from owning a Prius are soon overshadowed by the >>costs involved in maintenance: alignments up to twice or more a year, >>replacing "special" tires that cost $150 each up to every 7,000 miles, >>power and fuel economy "mystery" drops, software crashes that leave >>you dead on the 65mph freeway. Toyota needs a big boot up >>their rear for this lemon. Let us all sue the bastards for allowing >>this known defect to continue to roll. >> >>

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I'm not eligible to comment about what lies ahead for my '05 Prius and me. I can only report total satisfaction in my first 3500 miles.

I'm sincerely sorry to learn of problems with anyone's vehicle. I've had my own successes and failures. My '59 & '62 Volvos were excellent, my '59 Mercedes was a lemon, my first-year Civic was a disaster, my '84 Olds was solid, my Chevy Greenbriar, El Camino, Chevette and van were troublesome, my '94 Continental betrayed me, my VW Squareback was a joy, my '98 Avalon is great; and I have fond memories of my '38 Chrylser, my '58 TR3 and my '89 Scorpio. As I say, ups and downs -- and probably none of them wholly reflective of others' experiences.

I remain calm in the face of concerns over the behavior of the pre-2004 Prius. There was quite a change for the 2nd generation.

My Prius came equipped with Goodyear tires, so the failure of Bridgestones leaves my palms dry.

We're an all-Toyota family now, and our experiences will determine whether we remain such -- just as should be true of every individual.

I hope you'll understand why your posting doesn't disturb me.

Brent

Reply to
Brent Secombe

Same here. As long as it's reasonably high in mpg, then I'm a happy camper. I bought it for the tech goodies it has, the mpg boost was a nice sideline as well as the warranty and tax savings and HOV lane usage and hatchback and built-in Bluetooth and GPS and Smart Key and not looking at the gas guage when passing a station and ample headroom and shiftless transmission and.....

Personally, I wish my Goodyear tires would wear out at 10,000 miles so I could get a quieter road tire on the the already quiet car. Since my motorcycles tires cost far more than a car tire and they only last 3000 miles, it doesn't bother me at all if they die at 10,000 miles. New soft fresh tires are so much better and quieter than some year-old hardened rubber tire.

Oh, I had a Mercury once. Want to hear the horror stories behind that one? While a pile that vehicle was, and Ford silently did away with "You pay for it once to be fixed, and then never again" warranty that appeared in the front of their owner's manual.

Nice troll though.....

B~

Reply to
B. Peg