Setting Idle, 7M-GE

No idle adjustment? No Air Screw?

HELP!!! (Idling about 1,00-1,100 RPM. S/B 800 or so...)

Reply to
hachiroku

Make sure the flap on the air flow meter is closing all the way without any obstructions, check for holes in the intake snorkel between the air flow meter and throttle body, make sure the cruise control actuator cable and throttle cable are not out of adjustment and preventing the bell crank on the throttle body from closing all the way, check the throttle plate to make sure it closes, check the air bypass on the throttle body to make sure it is not gummed up, check base ignition timing.

Reply to
Ray O

Look for an air leak Hachi. Do what Ray mentioned and make sure everything is tightened down. Sometimes you can find an air leak by carefully spraying carb cleaner in suspected areas and watch for an idle variation. If the engine reacts to the spray, there is the leak.

Reply to
user

I checked everything when I had it all apart to change the plugs. It all looked good. When I reassembled everything I checked hose routings, etc and it all looked good.

It idled a little high before I did anything; I think whoever 'tuned' it the last time did it with the crappy plugs in it, and now that it's running properly the timing is off. Now, if I can find my timing light...

The other thing I did was replace the BVSV to the charcoal cannister; it was disconnected previously (because the nipples were broken...)

I know the air tube was OK, believe me, after the Celica and it's stumbling problem I looked it over good when I took it apart.

Reply to
Hachiroku