Siena 2005 Left door blocked!

Hi and Hello,

I know here is the place to get friendly help. We have the Siena 2005 LE .. Since a few days now we cannot open more than just 3 inches the left sliding door. I know it has this mechanism IF the gas door is open.. but the gas door is closed .. we just CANNOT use the left sliding door.

Thanks, E.

Reply to
Erina

is it out of warranty already ? anything in the track that shouldn't be (if you can see it)?

Reply to
Ron

I wonder if there is a solution to the problem I mention:

Siena 2005 LE .. 2005 We cannot open more than just 3 inches the left sliding door. it has this mechanism IF the gas door is open.. but the gas door is closed .. we just CANNOT use the left sliding door.

Thanks, E.

Reply to
Erina

Is anyone reading the following message of mine?

Reply to
Erina

Your posts came about 2 minutes apart. This newsgroup is not a live chat setting. It's like email, except that it goes to a bunch of news servers for everybody to see.

Anyway, the van should still be under warranty, right? Have the dealer figure it out.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

If the vehicle is still covered under warranty, my recommendation is to have the dealer check it out. There is probably a switch connected to the fuel door that activates a solenoid on the sliding door, and the switch or solenoid may not be working properly. Someone with a repair manual or the ability to look at a setup and discern how it works will have to diagnose and repair.

Reply to
Ray O