Sienna 06 winshield wiper

Sienna 06 CE windshield wiper appears to have 'extra settings' that do nothing????

Page 180 of owner's Manual does not bother with "MIST" and "OFF" nor does the pocket reference page 10. Using these settings does not appear to do anything. Is this only intended to work on some models?

This Confucius Jap reasoning is hard to follow in many cases. Quite similar to early dos documentation.

jl

Reply to
Joe Lauton

To use the "Mist" setting, pull the control stalk towards you, and the wipers will make one pass, a very convenient feature when it is not raining enough to use the intermittent feature.

I imagine that the "Off" setting is self-explanatory.

Reply to
Ray O

I get that (mist) by moving the lever UP and let go.

What is OFF? I get that with the entire lever - second position from the top.

jl

Reply to
Joe Lauton

I guess I don't understand your question regarding the "OFF" marking on the lever. The setting where the wipers do not do anything had to be marked somehow, and "off" was probably the first word that came to the designer's mind.

Reply to
Ray O