So, you wanna race?

Hmmm...bet the guy in the Audi who tried to cut me off at the ramp from Rt

2 to Rt 91 will think again before trying to horn in on a MityC!!!
Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL!! Were you the guy with the helmet on?

Reply to
user

It showed?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I've had jerks do this too me occasionally so I generally just start moving over and see who has the biggest balls. The last guy went into a ditch.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Basically that's about what happened, except this one slowed down before hitting the dirt...

NEVER mess with anyone crazier than you!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I didn't think craziness entered into it. I thought there were a couple of simple rules to driving in Beantown:

You look, you lose. Which is really, "if you get caught looking, you lose." The car with the most dents wins. Lead bumper takes the slot.

When these rules conflict, they're settled in that order. Was the Audi newer than your car and/or had fewer dents?

As a veteran East Coast driver, I enjoy driving other people to lunch here in the Midwest. I should probably warn them to wear astronaut diapers before we launch...

And I've decided that Jersey Turns are actually a bad idea here, because they're not a recognized routine and the unsophisticated level of driving skill hereabouts means people don't react to it the way they must for all parties to survive unscathed. In New England, if you pull a Jersey Turn, the oncoming traffic understands both the reason for it (sometimes it's the only way to make a left turn at that intersetion that same day) and the protocol (watch for these things, STOP, then give the horn and extended middle finger as an appropriate salute for a job well done). In the Midwest, the corn farmers are completely taken aback by this maneuver and are very likely to just continue on, mouths hanging open in surprise, into the side of your car.

Reply to
DH

Well, fortunately, I'm about 80 miles from Boston. But we have our share of k00ks and L00natics, too.

Funny thing was, this huy headed out East on Rt2...

Been there, done that. As the Sunday Globe once said about 20 years ago, "Stare straight ahead and GUN IT!"

Older, I think. Maybe a '99-03. No dents. And I'm not about to dent my tC!!! But, I wasn't about to let him get away with acting like an @ss, either! That's why I kinda like having a $150 beater! Go ahead, push it, "Richard"! It's insured, and I'll make sure YOU'RE at fault!!!

Where are you originally from?

?????

Sounds like Minnesota or Wisconsin...?

Reply to
Hachiroku

All up and down the East Coast, really.

That's what we called them around Marlboro. You pull up to a red light, put on your left blinker and, when the light turns green, you pull across before the oncoming traffic can take off. They can let you go or just leave you there blocking the lane. It's easiest to do on a one-lane road because if you abort the turn on a 4-lane road, you'll be blocking one of the oncoming lanes and cut the throughput of the intersection. If it's a really badly botched job, you'll also end up blocking your original lane. It has been 20 years since I worked in MA; don't tell me Jersey Turns have fallen out of favor.

Minnesota.

Reply to
DH

Bwahahaha!!! Not at all! When I go to the AutoZone, I have to do one of these to get home, or I'll NEVER make it!

Long as the guy across from me isn't doing a Hole Shot...or turning right...

Reply to
Hachiroku