speed alarm

My Echo gives off an alarm when I exceed 120 KM / Hour. It's an annoying constant beeping. Is there some type of a sequence for disabling this?

Reply to
media

I am not sure but isnt that 80 MPH?

Sorry, most of us in the states don't use the metric system and I dont pay much attention to the KM marks on my gauge.

I would like to see it taught in American schools and converted publicly since it is so widely used elsewhere... but then again we are so use to our system that we will probablly just keep it..

Anyway, where did you buy your car? I have no clue why it would do that at

80 mph other than as a warning... maybe a country or state that demands a warning signal at a certain speed?
Reply to
Go Mavs

I'm curious where you're posting from, I've never seen this on any models here in the states.

Reply to
qslim

Is the alarm required by local laws or regulations? If so, then disabling the alarm may cause the car to fail a periodic government-mandated inspection.

Reply to
Ray O

That's not a Toyota installed accessory. It's one or more of your loved ones in the back seat when you exceed 120 kph in an Echo!

Sorry Natalie!

Reply to
mack

That alarm is government mandated in certain countries - IIRC, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, other Arab gulf-state countries.

If the vehicle is no longer registered or driven there you can disconnect it, but if you are supposed to have it and the Government finds out it is disabled they could get /very/ annoyed...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman