Steering wheel replacement 1996 toyota camry

I noticed that the steering wheel was cracked on my 1996 Toyota camry. So I was wondering if I can replace the steering wheel myself or is a licensed technician required to do this. due to the airbag...?? I suppose I could get a used steering wheel from the junkyard.. Just how hard is it to replace the steering wheel.

Reply to
hizark21

Its highly inadviseable to mess with the airbag system on your own. Technically it isn't complicated, you don't even need a steering wheel puller on Toyotas. Find a matching wheel and take it to a shop.

Reply to
qslim