Strange shake / vibration when clutch depressed, HELP.

Hi all,

I have 99 Tacoma 4x4 with a 5 speed manual trans and have a problem. When I depress the clutch sometimes I get a vibration that will go away if I depress and release the clutch a couple of times. While doing this I have to leave the truck in gear and all the clutch has to do is start to engage then it can be depressed again resulting in a smooth ride again, most of the time. Sometimes I have to do it a few times.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Reply to
Scott

Not sure, but my best guess is either a bearing is going, the clutch plate is damaged, or a tranny or motor mount is loose or broken. If you're lucky, it's one of the latter two...

Reply to
Hachiroku