Switching oils at 70KMs

I just bought an '01 Corolla CE that's been running regular oil up to this point. I know synthetic is better after 10,000 on a new car but is it worth switching at this point. My guess is yes but I'd like to make sure before I double my oil change costs. Also ...what do you guys recommend changing at? The mechanics here say the newer cars can go up to 8000km/6mths on regular and a lot higher on synthetic. I've always changed my cars a 4-5,000km and

3mths regardless of what I use or what vehicle it is ...

Thanks!

Reply to
griffin

in England most cars are now specified at yearly or 10000 miles, most people here don't get the oil changed unless the oil light comes on! Engines still outlast the cars (usually) They also put the in the cheapest oil available.!!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful