Synthetic Oil

Is it ok to use the synthetic oil blend sold at Lube Express in my 2005 Toyota Camry?

Reply to
fred3400

Yes, but why would you want to. Forget blends and get a full synthetic like Amsoil or Mobil 1.

Reply to
Andy

I can get 4 qts of synthetic oil blend, filter, top off all fluids at Lube Express for $19.98 with a cupon.

Fred

Reply to
fred3400

You have to wear a cup to get that price? I would have thought maybe a thong at least...

Reply to
badgolferman

I have never needed to worry about protecting that area when getting an oil change. Sounds pretty rough!

Reply to
Truckdude

Yes, as long as the oil meets the specifications outlined in the owner's manual for your car.

Reply to
Ray O

I see the other posts, and I still have a comment. I don't like 'blends' since they are more expensive than conventional oil(which is recommended for my toyota), and I don't know how much 'synthitic' is in them.

I mean, do they put a drop per 1000 gallons of regular oil?

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

I don't like blends, why waste a perfectly good synthetic oil by mixing it with non-synthetic. Go will a full synthetic, it may cost more, but it's worth it...after all, how much did you pay for your car.

Reply to
Andy