Synthetic Oil & Toyota Warranty??

I have no idea what type of vehicles he owns, under what conditions they are operated, or how much he pays for synthetic oil (if indeed he uses it at all). Without incomplete information, it's not possible to give an accurate answer to your question.

Reply to
SMS

Using synthetic oil is cheaper in the long run (unless you are leasing for

2-3 years). You are the true scam artist.
Reply to
Mark A

You must be using Republican math.

Reply to
SMS

Here is some math for you. You have posted in various newsgroups 22,100 times as of the time I posted this. For someone who claims that people who spend $25-$30 per year extra on synthetic oil changes, you seem to waste a lot of time that you could earning some of that precious money you are so concerned out.

I have explained the math of synthetic oil changes several times before in great detail. If you are interested, do a search on Google Groups.

Reply to
Mark A

This from the guy who must own a LOT of stock in Mobil Oil. Spend more money if you want to save money. Makes sense to most Democrats.

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Don't own any stock in any oil company. Based on the prices I saw at Wal-Mart a few days ago, I would switch to Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic, which was selling for $19 for a 5 quart bottle. Mobil 1 was about $24 for 5 quart bottle. But that would probably be in situations where I changed the oil myself, since most shops only carry Mobil 1 synthetic (I said most, not all).

Although I do recommend synthetic oil for most vehicles (if you switch at about 5K miles), I don't go around and insult those who don't use it. I used conventional oil for more than 25 years before even trying synthetic oil, and I was very skeptical about the benefits of synthetic until I actually tried it.

I will admit to insulting those who say people who use synthetic oil are idiots or are getting scammed. But I will admit that some synthetic oil marketing (such as Amsoil) is somewhat of a scam.

Reply to
Mark A