tach signal on 98 corolla

I have a 98 corolle with 16v 1.8L, someone can tell me where i need tu plug my tach wire to get the rpm signal. maybe the connector is at the ECU (pin 8 black wire of 22pin connector) but i cant find the good one, im not sure of the ECU location. help me thanks

Reply to
Lox

I forget which pin has the tach signal, but I believe that there is one under the hood. I would not mess with the ECU connector because you will probably experience problems with loose connections down the road. The ECU is usually located under the kick panel on the passenger side of the dashboard.

Reply to
Ray O