Tacoma PreRunner Cabin Fan Failed

2008 PreRunner.

I do not have a schematic for this truck, and the cabin fan suddenly stopped working. I cannot find a fuse that is blown, so I'm moving on in my diagnostic routine. Without a schematic, it is difficult to know where to go next.

Is there a problem with the control module that keeps the fan from coming on?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Nevermind.

The kid kicked the fan and it started going. Must have sucked down a leaf or something. Whatever. The complicated problem turns out to have been easy.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

any motor, be it a starter, fuel pump, or blower fan motor, that "works again" when you hit/kick/whack it....usually has a flat spot on the commutator which means it is indeed bad. With a non-crucial component like a blower fan though, I can see living with smacking it once in a while. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh