Tarago Oil Change Lamp

On cue from the lit Tarago Oil Change Lamp on the dashboard, I dutifully complied including the filter but not the supplementary tank under the hood / bonnet, which was not dirty and didn't drain with the rest of the oil, to my surprise.

But the Oil Change Lamp is still on!

Thanks in advance, Mark Simon, Sydney NSW

Reply to
msimonc

You need to either remove EVERY DROP of old oil, or check the owner's manual, I can't remember which.

Reply to
Bonehenge

It is not necessary to remove the oil from the supplemental oil reservoir because it is not circulated in the engine. Oil is pumped from the reservoir to the crankcase as needed, which is hardly ever on a properly maintained engine.

If you are worried about the oil in the supplemental oil reservoir getting stale, then after draining the old oil, apply power to the pump until it drains in the crankcase, then top off the crankcase and reservoir. I never worried about this in our Previa and never bothered to drain the reservoir and never had to add any oil.

The owner's manual should have the procedure for turning off the oil change light, or a google search will probably turn up the procedure.

Reply to
Ray O