TECH: Oil odor 2003 Vibe 1.8l

Hi all,

Just wondering if I can get some insight into a problem that has developed with my 03 Vibe GT. Let me start by saying that I have never had any issues with the vehicle right up to 100K. The car was due for an oil change just after it turned the century mark. I took it to a local Monro Brake and Exhaust franchise. This was the first time they had done an oil change for since since the vehicle hit 50k. From the moment I drove the car away, I have had an oil odor coming from my air vents. I initially thought they may have simply dripped some oil onto the engine and it would just burn off. It has now been 3000 miles and the odor persists. I check ed the drain plug and filter and they are both dry. There is also no leak that I can see (nothing under the car after its parked). It smells like a crankcase odor and was not there before the oil change. Is there anything I should be considering as the culprit?

Thanks in advance for any info

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I would consider the place that changed your oil as the culprit. Check for a loose PCV valve or hose. It is possible that they disconnected a hose when they checked your air filter.

Reply to
Ray O

I am due for another oil change this weekend. I am going to take it back to them and mention the odor. I was leaning towards the PCV myself.

Thanks

Reply to
Wes