Tech question: 97 Land Cruiser EGR flow insufficent error code

Hi group, I am hoping a Toyota tech reads this and can tell me how to diagnose the error code on my Crusher. It has the 401 code and how can I tell if it is the egr valve vsv, or other component? Thanks, Bob in HB

Reply to
rsbrownhb

One easy preliminary check you can do is to manually apply vacuum to the small port ontop of the EGR valve. Doing so should stall the engine at idle if the valve and passages in the intake manifold are clear. If the engine doesn't stall, then you know you probably have dirty ports in the manifold or a gummed up valve. Otherwise you'll know the problem lies on the control side of the system, like the VSV.

Reply to
qslim

Ok, I'll test it and let the group know the results..Thanks!

Bob

Reply to
rsbrownhb