The next Supra project...

I'm not sure how much of this one I can do...I don't like MacPhearson struts...

The suspension on the Supra needs to be replaced. I need bushings on the front, but I'm told they're a bitch to press in. The dealers don't even sell them; you have to get the whole control arm. The local dealer wants $218 for lowers, Champion lists them for $155. I hate to buy whole control arms, the ones on the car are good, the bushings are shot. You can get bushings for the rear. I already have a complete set of springs that were removed from an '88 with 20,000 miles on it at the time. All that's left is shocks. Any ideas?

I don't worry about the control arms or the bushing, but I don't like struts and springs. Once you get the assy off the car and have the peoper tools, it's easy, but I'm not using some cheesy clamp.

I also have to put universals in the driveshaft and fix the tranny...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I thought the Supra had a double wishbone suspension instead of struts...

Reply to
Ray O

Um...it does:

But you still have to compress the spring to remove the shock from the body...well, actually not. You have to compress the srping to remove the cartridge.

Not fun...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nope!