The oddest repair order I've ever seen....

My friend from the dealer I used to work for called me today, told me about this repair order he got on some late model corolla the other day; by far the strangest request I've ever seen. Maybe Ray O can top this one:

1: Customer states a/c not cooling 2: rotate and balance 4 tires 3: Check car for tracking device or listening bug

He said that the owner was an overweight white guy with coke bottle glasses pacing nervously around the customer lounge, said "I'm pretty sure someone is following me, so just do a sweep." !?!? I didn't realize Toyotas new OBDII scantools supported this feature! I've obviously been away from the dealer for too long.

Reply to
qslim

If he has something like GM's onstar or a cell phone, he has a tracking device.

Did he have his psychiatrist's number in the car, too?

Anyway, just because someone is paranoid doesn't mean that someone is not trying to get him.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Did he have a tin foil hat, too?

Reply to
Hachiroku

**I bet he was receiving secret radio transmissions through his fillings.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

LOL! That too!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

One of the DSM's in the LA region told me about a customer who thought the car was haunted because he was seeing ghosts in the back seat on his drive home from work...

Turned out to be an image from the day/night mirror :-)

Reply to
Ray O

service should have given him an old set of rabbit ears and told him it was a bug preventer?

Reply to
ron