The windshieldwiper lever/switch

I know that I can not repair the wiper switch for my Supra and plan on buying one and installing it is not a problem. But curiosity killed the cat and made me crazy trying to figure out how the lever/switch is assembled.

type car: MA70 Supra details: the lever is on the bench, not the steering column controls: speeds, adj-delay, washer for front and rear windows

Anyone know to take one apart?

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

BFH?

Reply to
Ray O

What year MA70 do YOU have?

I have an '88, and the fcront and rear wiper switch is stalk mounted, opposite the turn signal lever.

Either you have an unusual model, or somebody kludged something along the way...

Reply to
Hachiroku

HaHa... That will work for sure. But if I smash it I have to admit defeat.

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

I suspect that the combination switch is not made to be disassembled, so it only comes apart once ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Oh sorry, "on the bench" was not very descriptive. What I should have said is "the wiper control switch is setting on my work bench." I have the same model as you.

anyway...

I was hoping someone was going to say the button pop's off the end and there is a clip or something hiding under it. If I get a chance to run by a junk yard with Ray's BFH and find anything worthwhile I'll post it. 8)

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Danny G.

I don't want to give away all the "insider" factory rep secrets cuz people will find out I know nothing about cars, but I'll share the advice I used to give new reps: A) If it ain't broke, don't fix it {unfortunately, this seemingly obvious bit of advice is often ignored by dealerships} and B) if you can't fix it, use a BFH ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

These thinga are a pain in the @ss!!!

What problem are you having?

The button on my Mom's Camry for the washer broke...I went to Radio Shack, got a red momentary push button swiych, and, where the control for the power mirror WOULD have been I made a nice hole right in the center.

Beware...it switches NEGATIVE (Ground) (I'm assuming that's what the problem is...)

Or, pay $125 to Toyota for a new one...

Reply to
.//Hachiroku

Everything works but the rear washer switch is sticky. What happens is when I use the rear wiper sometimes the sticky washer switch turns on with it and never turns off on its own.

One thing for sure is those washer motors are tuff because the rear one has ran for hours before I noticed a bunch of times and still works. woops...

BTW: I probably caused the problem by washing the lubrication out with cleaners or maybe WD-40.

Reply to
Danny G.