Timing belt: did you change it, did it break on you?

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:54:20 GMT, Arif Khokar (Arif Khokar ) wrote (in ):

Undoubtedly; I had to terminate the perpetrator with extreme prejudice.

Reply to
Zvpunry W. Ebfraobet

Back in 1992 my 1990 Camry was parked at the mall. It was raining outside and the air was damp. I turned the ignition key and only got a red lamp with the engine not even turning over. The car was two years old and the dealer said that the belt snapped. I had 63,000 miles on the car. Torrance Toyota replaced the belt and the next day I was on my way. I change my belt religiously every 60K since.

Reply to
ajocius

My 1990 Camry just turned 240,000 miles. I have never changed timing belt!!.

Reply to
Bobbie

Well good for you! And let me guess... you've only changed the oil like twice? Garbage has been piling up in your back yard for years because you are too "thrifty" to pay someone to remove it?

Reply to
Bob

I can't believe this one, but, then again, stranger things have happened.

Just a word of caution: if you have a twin cam, you'll do ok. If you have a SOHC, you'll be junking the car...

Reply to
hachiroku