Timing Belt Replacement.

My 2000 Sienna is fast approaching 90k miles and it is time for a timing belt replacement. I've called a few dealers and independent shops in my area, Northern Virginia, and have been given ballpark figures ranging from $650 to $1100. Anyone have experience with this type of replacement service and what was your cost?

Thanks for any reply.

Reply to
Garry Owen

I had mine done for $248 at the dealer in Newport News. If they're charging that much up there it might be worth a 2.5 hour road trip down here.

Reply to
badgolferman

I'd go with the lower price bid if it were my car . ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Reading your note reminded me I was due for the second belt replacement in my '98 Sienna. $200 at CARMAX Laurel Toyota, a little more than the first replacement ($170 if memory serves).

Reply to
ACAR

Seems like rather a lot.

The Toyota dealer who sold me my '01 Sienna sends me a coupon about every other month for a V6 timing belt replacement for $250. Their regular price is about $300. Their I4 coupon price is $200; regular price $250.

Reply to
DH

Belt replacement only or does this include water pump, other belts, hoses?

Reply to
me

That is belt only.

Reply to
DH

Our '00 RAV4 was in the $250 range (and, of course, we did some other stuff while it was in that state of partyial disassembly).

Reply to
Brian Gordon