Tire questions

Which tires would be best for driving in deep south, mostly highway. Any recommendations?

I'm looking for long life, low rolling resistance. I bought some tires BF Goodrich "Traction T/A"s but I think that was a bad choice. They seem to have more rolling resistance than the tires they replaced. Partly that may be b/c they are new and the old ones were almost bald. But they are a little bit "knobby" which is probably not a good thing as far as rolling resistance.

My gas mileage has dropped about 10-15%.

Reply to
kenny

Unfortunately, you have already bought the tires so you're stuck for a while. Try inflating the tires about 5 or 8 PSI over the factory recommended tire pressure but do not go over the max tire pressure listed on the tire.

Knobby tires will tend to be noisier than other designs but tend to offer better traction in mud and snow.

There is no universal indicator of rolling resistance, so the only way to tell is by testing or reading reviews.

As for tread life, look for a higher tread wear rating. 400 is good, 600 is better.

Reply to
Ray O