Toyota 05 Highlander alarm problem

Hi, all I went to upgrade the alarm on my 05 Highlander last week in the Toyota dealer because my new car only has keyless entry remote. They installed Automate model AM1 alarm system in my car. I still use the same remote to control the alarm. The problem is whenever I park the car and press the "lock" butoon. The alarm would go off after 3 secs. I have to press the "unlock" button to disable the alarm then press "lock" again to make it arm normally. I bought the car back to the dealer and they said the alarm work fine. This really annoy me, the alarm go off so often that I have to wait besides the car after I park it to make sure it is secured all right. If I try to just use the key to lock the door , no way ! it goes off immediately. The whole alarm thing drives me crazy ! Any idea about what happen ?So I can go back to the dealer to prove they are wrong about their installation of alarm system. Thanks, Henry

Reply to
Henry Lee

I believe that the Automate alarm is not a genuine Toyota accessory so you would have to go to the alarm manufacturer or the dealer to address any problems. The best way to get the dealer to see the problem is to demonstrate the problem in the presence of the service advisor so that he or she can duplicate it for the technician.

Reply to
Ray O