Toyota Avalon

I'm considering getting a new 2005 Avalon. Would like to hear from a few people that own one. I heard that some have trouble with the transmission. Is it true? The dealers seem to be selling them as fast as they get them. This, of course, makes them very reluctant to give good deals. Al

Reply to
Al

Don't know, but a friend of mine just bought a new Limited for 3% over invoice (Florida).

Reply to
Travis Jordan

The Avalon is not, and never has been, a good seller. They have always been discounted by dealers all over the country. If the dealer you are talking to does not discount them find another who does, WBMA

mike hunt

Travis Jordan wrote:

Reply to
IleneDover

Wait a few months and the demand and price will go down. Even better, buy something else.

Reply to
Art

transmission.

Al,

Make an offer, Make an offer, Make an offer..................Dealers are always desperate for one more sale!

Clarence

Reply to
Clarence

The all-new Avalon is selling much faster than its predecessor, despite what some naysayers have posted. From what I've read, the Avalon is setting monthly sales records ... and it is likely you will have to wait if you want one in a Limited trim level, in certain colors.

There are some deals around, especially on XL and XLS models, and a few dealers willing to deal on Limiteds. However, some dealers are sticking to full MSRP on Limiteds. It has been reported on the Edmunds site that some dealers are asking for prices above MSRP. My local "one price" dealer is pricing Avalons at $1,000 off MSRP, except for Limiteds, which are full MSRP and in short supply. A month or so ago, the Avalon discount was only $250 at this dealer. I'm sure deals will only get better with time, and especially after the next new Camry is introduced early next year.

I purchased a new Avalon Limited for just under $32,000, after a $3,200 discount ... and it has been absolutely excellent in every respect. I had been considering a new ES330, but the Avalon has more features and better performance. I would guess the next generation Lexus ES will compare more favorably.

Bob

Reply to
BushkaBob

Boy, I was a-gonna flame ya, then I saw who it was... ;)

Reply to
hachiroku

Now that's good advice. Why not wait ten years and save some REAL money on your NEW car. LOL

mike hunt

Art wrote:

Reply to
IleneDover

The one positive thing about the new Avalon is at least this time it is built on the new platform instead of lagging behind and being built on the old one.

Reply to
Art
9,165 new Avalons sold last month. Increase is May, 2005 over 2004. Bob
Reply to
BushkaBob

I talked to a guy who said it's the best car he's ever owned.

Reply to
Dbu,

"albertr" wrote: > I'm considering getting a new 2005 Avalon. Would like to hear > from a few > people that own one. I heard that some have trouble with the > transmission. > Is it true? The dealers seem to be selling them as fast as > they get them. > This, of course, makes them very reluctant to give good deals. > Al

It has a few problems, but nothing serious...how ever I find the sport models which have the uprated suspension is a lot better. I used to work for toyota and got to drive every model as it came off the line.... only thing I?d change are the shocks everything else works fine. keep in mind I like to drive hard on corners and over speed humps at high speed.

Reply to
vaestanfors