Toyota Avensis year 2002, electrical power feed to a Garmin GPS

Hi newsgroup,

I have an Avensis year 2002 (LH driver). I've installed a Garmin GPS and now need to take electrical power somewhere, preferable from lefthand side fuse/relay cluster. I have tried to locate the power wire for the radio, but without success. The fuse for the radio is in lefthand side, so the wire must be here somewhere.

I need power that comes on with the key in ACC position, as with the radio power.

Should there be one here with the info about the wire code for the radio power, I will be happy, thanks in advance.

Brgds Harry

Reply to
Harry Jensen

Use the cigarette lighter/accessory power outlet power source.

Reply to
Ray O

Could try to take it from the backside of the cigarette lighter, because I'm going for a permanent solution, not a wire crawling over the dashboard. I have already a hidden wire from the GPS along the windshield frame to the relay cluster, but could just let it move on to the backside of the cigarette lighter.

Reply to
Harry Jensen

...and just to follow-up, found the cigarette lighter wire on the relay/fuse cluster, lefthand side of the cabin.

Brgds Harry

Reply to
Harry Jensen