Toyota bumps incentives another $1,000 on Tundra

Toyota bumps incentives another $1,000 on Tundra

Mark Rechtin | Automotive News / March 28, 2007 - 8:56 pm

LOS ANGELES -- Facing pricing pressure from domestic automakers willing to place cash incentives on their full-sized pickups, Toyota Division has added a nationwide $1,000 spiff on the just-launched 2007 Tundra.

The new incentive can only be applied to help a customer with a vehicle trade-in allowance, said Denise Morrissey of Toyota. Dealers do not have to spend the entire $1,000; they can offer it how they see fit, Morrissey said.

Toyota already has incentives of up to $2,000 cash back on the Tundra, which vary by model and region. The standard cab Tundra has as much as $2,000 cash back, depending on the region. The extended cab model has up to a $1,000 spiff. The Crew Max model has no incentives, and the trade-in assistance is not applicable on that model, Morrissey said.

Toyota Financial Services also has special APR and lease rates for customers with Tier 1 or Tier 2 credit ratings.

The trade-in incentive is effective through the end of April. The other incentives are expected to stay in force next month as well.

Reply to
C. E. White

Looks like time for you to trade in your Nissan junk truck on a real Tundra..... ;-)

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Sounds like part of their goal to steal D-3 customers, who have been programmed to only buy when there are incentives. And, since so many truck owners have no actual need for a truck, the previously debated mechanical abilities of various trucks have no bearing on purchase decisions for many people.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

To be honest I wish I had bought the old model Tundra. The piston slap probably wasn't really going to cause any problems and the size was decent. I think if I had just have priced dealers further away (like my SO did for her RAV4) I might have actually have found a Toyota dealer that didn't piss me off. I just don't like the idea of driving

50 or 60 miles to find a semi-honest dealer. I am not going to deal with any of the local Toyota riff-raff.

As for the "new" Tundra, it is a non-starter for me. Too big. If I wanted a truck that big, I'd want an actual heavy duty truck, not a half ton pretending to be a heavy duty truck. I have the same complaint about the F150 and regular duty Silverado. Why buy something that big, when for about the same money you can get a real work truck?

I am committed to the Frontier for at least one more year. If I have a good year, I will consider trading for something new next February. I might (and I mean might) consider an F150 again, if they lower the sides of the bed back down to where they belong, and quit jacking the

4WD version up so high. Otherwise I am going to have to stick with what are now called mid-sized trucks (Colorado, Frontier, Tacoma, Dakota). Of course this is going to mean a Tacoma, since I am not going to trade one Frontier for another, and I already decided I don't want the Dakota or the Colorado (assuming they are not redesigned this year).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

The Tundra is not selling well, period. Real truck buyer know better than to fall for those phony ads ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Better yet a REAL truck like the number one selling truck, the F150 ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Sure the do that is why more buyer choose Ford trucks over Chevy and the Chevy over the Dodge and only a measly 5% chose Toyota trucks. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And more people worldwide buy more Toyotas than Fords.

Reply to
Viperkiller