Toyota camry

Can anyone tell me how they like the 07 Camry?

Reply to
rocky

I think it's ugly, especially the front and back. I don't know how well it performs though.

Reply to
badgolferman

I hate the automatic shifting response, other than that its a great car (4 cyl LE)

Reply to
EdV

The car is very good.

But the nav system/Bluetooth in a pos, save your money on that option.

Reply to
Roy

I'm with EdV, at least on the LE model that I have. The response from a stop is terrible. All I have to say is, if you have to get out of someone's way fast, make sure your affairs are in order! I also hate the hunting transmission in the glide mode. An finally, the road noise is too loud at freeway speeds. I've owned four Camrys over the years (83, 89, 92 and this 07) and this is the first one that I can't stand. The radio displays "Welcome to Camry" every time I turn it on. Even that irritates me! Matter of fact, later today I'm trading it in on an older Avalon. Anyhow, if you buy one, get the V-6. jor

Reply to
jor

Supposedly there is a TSB which involves reflashing the comp and this seems to alleviate the problem. It has been much discussed in the Camry forum on

YMMV

Reply to
NickySantoro

If I was having affairs I'd want to get out of the way fast also!

Reply to
badgolferman

Jor - Hehe, even the V6 has customer reports of flaring transmission problem. I just don't know if it still exist up to know. I now drive my Automatic Camry like it has a Manual transmission, I downshift to 3 or 2 when I know I have the rolling start or glide mode as you would call it. I have no issues from a dead stop, I dont have Traction Control and my wheel spins from stop when the road is considerably wet. So I think its pretty good. I dont want to trade it yet since I know I will loose a lot of money so I'm trying to live by what I have for now.

Maybe the road noise is due to tire brand? I have Michell> >

Reply to
EdV

The road noise I'm referring to is wind. If I were going to keep it I'd try the flash rom deal or whatever to fix the transmission annoyance. I'm losing money getting rid of this thing but the damn car really irritates me so it's not worth it. Nice color green though. jor

Reply to
jor

With AIR CONDITIONING, why, the Hell, do you have your windows, ANY windows, open when the car is in motion? You can solve your "problem" really easy by simply CLOSING the effing windows when the car is in motion.

Reply to
sharx35

I use my A/C only on extreme conditions to keep my mpg low. Most of the time I like to drive with my windows down. I was comparing the wind noise to the previous cars I owned and none of them were like the

07 camry.

open when the car is in

windows when the car is in

Reply to
EdV

You may find this hard to believe but you will get better mileage at highway speeds with the A/C on and the windows up. The added air drag caused by having the windows down more than offsets the added power used by the A/C compressor.

open when the car is in

windows when the car is in

Reply to
Retired VIP

Let's analyze this:

you KNOW for a FACT that AC consumes a "noticeable amount of gas".

You DON'T know for a FACT what happens when you turn the AC off and open the windows instead. Oh, you THINK your mileage doesn't change--but you don't KNOW.

Just admit that your preference is to spend your gas dollars with the windows down instead of with the AC on, and move on with your life.

The ONLY way you WON'T spend as much gas is both to keep the AC off AND to keep the windows up. That's a FACT.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Its not hard to believe because I totally agree with you, I use my A/C when I know I'll be going speeds of 45 mph and above, below that I keep my windows down so I turn off the A/C, fresh air will do you good!. In cold morning weathers I can even drive in freeway speeds with my air vents only in fresh mode with all my windows shut and still feel comfortable inside the car.

Reply to
EdV