toyota car problem, slow to move off from standing start

hi everyone

i got a bit of a problem with my car ive had this problem since i got my car(2 years ago) but now i want to fix it. Ive got a 1.3 toyota starlet and it is slow to move off from a standing start, i have to rev the first gear a bit before it moves a bit more.All other cars start off faster than me, also my first gear always shakes a bit at binding point.

any ideas?Gearbox rebuild? engine tune up?

appreciate your help

wai

Reply to
shau