TOYOTA CARINA 1992 K Reg

Can anyone tell me where the central locking unit or module is on a carina 1992 k reg? Thanks

Reply to
kennymcd

Hmmmmm...we don't get those in the US, but my best guess would be under the console...

Reply to
Hachiroku

We no longer get Carinas in the U.S., but I am not aware of any Toyotas with a "central locking unit."

Each door has a separate actuator. If you are talking about the module for the remote door locks, look under the driver's seat.

Reply to
Ray O

Or inside the driver's door. That's where it is on my Supra and my Celica.

He's talking about the 'black box' that controls the door lock, I think, Ray. You know, the control that locks all doors when the key is turned in the door lock, and then unlocks them one turn for Driver's door, two turns for all doors.

On both my cars with PDL, it's mounted in the door, behind the door panel. I did have a Corolla I took apart for parts that had it under the console.

Reply to
Hachiroku