toyota carina II 1.6 16 valve kreg

my toyota has recently started to bounce as if its running out of fuel but it is'nt.it will go ten or so miles before starting to what i would call kangaroo down the road,some people have said fuel pump some have said fuel filters and some have said head gasket which i now know it is'nt,can anyone help as im on a tight budget and cant afford todays inflated garage cost

Reply to
dads

My mum had exactly the same sounding problem on her old Ford Orion. She spent ££££'s replacing the carb on advice of the Fraud Dealer. It made no difference. Turned out to be the HT leads in the end. It seemed that they only started playing up once they had warmed up enough under the bonnet, and as it happened it mostly used to be at exactly the same spot down the road on her way to work. If it is the same in your case it would be a good result for your tight budget. My general rule of thumb (assuming it can't easily be diagnosed properly by the home DIY mechanic) is try the cheap things first.

Reply to
Stu