Toyota Corolla Timing Chain Tensioner Oil Leak Repair Guide

The timing chain tensioner on our 2005 Toyota Corolla S starting seeping out oil recently. I did some research and apparently it's a common problem on all the ninth generation Corollas (2003, 2004, 2005,

2006, 2007, & 2008) equipped with the 1ZZ-FE 1.8L I4 engine.

I bought the new part and some RTV silicone sealant to fix the problem. I took pictures of the process and created a quick guide to help out other owners with the same problem.

Here's the guide -

I hope someone finds it to be useful.

Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Reply to
Paul Michaels

Neat work!

uncle_vito

Hi Paul, how do I know if I have to replace it. Because recently I was told that I have to replace Timing Chain Tensioner along with other some other repairs on the car by the car dealer.I got 2006 corolla with 100k miles. It runs fine now.

Reply to
janaka.kushan