Toyota Corolla Trouble

Hi guys, my names Ashley and I'm having trouble with a 96 Toyota Corolla, my air seems to be kicking in and out, my dad thinks it might be the compressor, I was hoping some of you guys would know what might be wrong. I would really appreciate the advice. Thanks.

Reply to
passions2004

You didn't give us a very good description of the problem you are having. The A/C compressor turns on and off as a normal function of its operation. You could be having troubles, but the A/C cycling is normal -- that is, it's supposed to cycle -- so you need to give us more details to determine if it is cycling abnormally.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Exactly, how long is it staying on?...how long off?...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Are any of the AC buttons 'flashing'? Low refrigerant.

Reply to
hachiroku

Guys I think your right, I think we might have to bring in the professionals on this one. My dads pretty good with the basics, but he's no mechanic. I guess we're going to try and take it to my dads friend, whom happens to be a mechanic on the side. Its just that, all three of our cars seems to be having problems all at once. My brothers car is having a similiar problem to mine, when he turns the a/c on his car seems to want to kill (91 toyota camry), and my moms expedition brakes, seem to have been going out but I think they had that fixed. My dads friend will probably be able to fix this......I hope. I appreciate all of your responses, and before we take it to paul, my dad's friend, I'll let him know about some of your suggestions, and maybe it will provide a little more insight. Thanks a lot guys for your help!

Reply to
passions2004