Toyota Developing Drunken Driving System

What if people don't want to buy that feature in a vehicle?

Reply to
badgolferman

I'd be leary of it myself. What if it fails in the middle of rush hour on a major freeway.

Reply to
dbu,

I believe once the car is started, the system is disabled.

Reply to
Hachiroku

What if you have a bottle of your favorite booze while driving and get youself drunk.

Reply to
dbu,

It said that if it detected erratic steering patterns it would just slow to a complete stop... wherever you are. (Whatever you do... don't try to dodge that deer in your headlights :D)

Dante

Reply to
Dante

I think all bets are off. I don't know if the system actually monitors your BAL while driving, or just disables the ignition until you 'pass the test'.

All the systems I've seen like this enable the ignition after sampling your breath.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sweat sensors in the steering wheel detect alcohol.

Reply to
sharx35

Gloves.

Reply to
badgolferman

Voice recognition system that requires you say, three times, fast and accurately: "The Leith police dismisseth me."

[Leith = town in Scotland]
Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

How about a breath-a-lizer that would require the driver to speak into a tube and say the words: may I drive my car now pleeeeesssseeee.

This will have to be repeated three times then the car will start if you pass the test. I think sharx will like that one.

Reply to
dbu,

dbu,, 1/3/2007,6:15:27 AM, wrote:

What if people don't want to buy that feature in a vehicle?

And the terrorists continue to win. We're just to stupid to be allowed to be alive.

We have our own system...called a brain. It tells us when to not drive. Or to NOT cross the street when the big sign says "Don't' Walk".

How effin stupid will you allow our culture to become? And with no common sense? No brains, no common sense...terrorists....here we are.

Can't even buy a car that suits our needs without whining away. Go ahead, whine. Watch your back.

Reply to
mmward