Toyota DVD navigation

I have a 100 series landcruiser 1998 GXL, want to know, 1. what do I have to do/get to fit a OEM Toyota navigation system in my car. I have looked on a few sites on the net I believe I need the head unit & black box that goes under the seat that holds the map DVD disk & GPS antenna. Has anyone done this. Also I am from Australia & wanted to know if a unit from the USA will work in Australia if I use the Australian DVD map disk. I have asked many people over here & no one can tell me. Any info would be good, Thanks.

Reply to
Terry

I have a 2001 LC, US version. I was told the GPS Navigation had to be factory installed, and could not be retrofitted. At the time $3,500 was the price of the system, if it was installed. I just bought a Garmin StreetPilot III, for $600, instead. I've seen the head units for sale on eBay, but not the whole system. I know the antenna is integrated into the rear view mirror, the compass mirror is replaced. The GPS unit is made by Denso.

Reply to
Joseph Wind