Toyota Estima Warning light

Hi On my Estima when I turn the ignition key, the 2nd warning light from the left comes on. This looks to be a lights fault indicator but I can't see any bulbs off (can't check brake lights until wife comes in from work). Is this warning light a lights problem indicator. My Toyota handbook is in Japanese.

Thanks Robert

Reply to
Robert Meek

Manged to check lights and there is no probelm.

Reply to
Robert Meek

It can be a sign that a light might be about to fail. As the filament ages and prepares to burn out, it's resistance will change, and depending on how sensitive the sensor on the system is, it may detect the change before it even blows.

Some cars will even still show the light after one bulb has been changed because of a blow, because it monitors them in pairs (left and right) and because the new one is showing more or less resistance than the old one, it shows it as a fault light.

Might be a good time to get one of those emergency spare bulb packs, so you are ready for which ever one blows.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Thanks for your help it went off today. Pleased it is nothing serious.

Reply to
Robert Meek