Toyota extended warranty...again.

So, I passed on the Extended Warranty the dealer was offering for $1250, 6 years or 50,000 miles. I found another warranty from a Lexus dealer in CT,

7 years or 100,000 miles for $750, $800 with a $0 deductible.

I get a letter from Scion yesterday:

Dear Hachiroku:

Thank you for purchasing a Scion Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. As you may know, Scion vehicles are produced by Toyota, builder of some of the finest vehicles in the world. Now, with our Certified Pre-Owned Program, we are once again raising the bar....

Similar to Toyota's Certified Used Vehiucle Program...includes for *7* years (from original date of first use when sold as new) *or 100,000 miles whichever occurs first*

Limited Powertrain Warranty (A $50 deductible per visit applies) Travel Protection ans Substitute Transportation Roadside Assistance: Call Toll-free 24 hours a day Includes towing for mechanical breakdowns and collision recovery, flat tire changes, lockouts, jumps-starts, and fluid delivery Maximum benefit of $100 per occurance (including towing), does not include parts and fluids.

In addition to these benefits, if the original new vehicle warranty has expired, your Certified Warranty provides a Comprehensive warranty for 3 months or 3,000 miles from the Scion Certified Pre-Owned Purchase date.

Sure am glad I kept the $800! The card says the warranty expires on

5/25/12 or 100,000 miles, and IS transferrable.

DAMN!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well, my 99 Camry is now over 7 years old and I would have lost......$800 if I had bought an extra 7 year warranty. Extended warranties on Toyotas ARE FOR SUCKERS.

Reply to
sharx35

But, it was FREE!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Where can you get towed for less than $200 and have you checked the suggested retail price of Toyotas "fluids and parts?" By the way have you not wondered what was wrong with that Scion, that the previous owner got ride of it? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yeah. She was 21 years old and financed the entire purchase price, and couldn't pay the ~$500 a month...so, TMF repo'd it.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I guess you assumed she had the funds to properly maintain it while in her position however, right? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It only had 11,500 miles on it. How bad can you f@ck up a car in 16 months? Even you would have a tough time...