Toyota financer told me...

"Jeff" ...

This reminds me of a patient I had many years ago. I told him (as his doctor asked me to), that he was due for a physical. He goes, "I'll schedule a physical, if you'll let me come to your house to talk about insurance." I said, "I told you to get the physical because it's my job, that I'm doing at my workplace; this is not your office." Like I give a shit if he gets his physical or not! My husband and I *deliberately* went to his competitor, who never, ever mentioned insurance to us.

That behavior backfires very often, but some people just don't get it.

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

In the matter of service contracts, I've never been a believer in any of them, whether for autos, washing machines, TVs, etc. If (for example) GE keeps sending me notices that I can have two or three years' extented warranty on an appliance for X dollars, you can be damn sure that they're not doing it out of the goodness of their heart.......chances are they'll make the whole amount clear, because they will not have to answer a service call on the machine in the next three years. (and I'm very happy I didn't get a service contract on my refrigerator....it lasts 18 + years, and when we dumped it, it actually could have been fized for $250 or so. But it was o l d .

Reply to
mack

Security... ?? In my building that would be... the principal? And she's not exactly burly. ;-)

Nah... he was just doing the pushy sales pitch sort of thing. But I hate that mode of operation.

Cathy

And, I would have

Reply to
Cathy F.

No service contract involved. I simply use the service dep't. at Toyota instead of an independent garage for routine maintenance.

Cathy

If (for example) GE

Reply to
Cathy F.

So many people have difficulty separating vehicle manufacturers from independent dealers, regardless of brand.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Have you tried telling that to any of those the Toyota owners, that are suing Toyota because their engines have developed sludge, even though they had their cars serviced properly at Toyota dealerships? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No one that had their Toyota serviced properly at a Toyota dealer has developed sludge.

Sludge happens when you don't change your oil......

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Toyota doesn't make much from service because Toyota doesn't do service (unless they have company-owned dealerships). The Toyota DEALER makes BIG bucks from his service department. Look at how much space is given over to service / repair vs sales.

I used to work for what used to be the largest 2-way business radio company in the world. Their direct production costs on their most expensive mobile radio was $117.00. They sold it for $1200.00. This was about 1975. But where they really made a killing was on service contracts on those radios. They would collect 10 times the sale profit on the service contract.

Don't EVER buy a service contract on anything! They're a rip off.

Jack

Reply to
Must be Me

That's what cell phone providers make their money one.

And GM and the other car companies don't lose money on OnStar and similar products, etiher. They make a lot of money off them, though not necessarily enough to make a profit.

I know one guy who always buys service contracts. It works out on washers, because he wife always overloads them, causing them to need repairs during the contract.

I made on my service contract on my car, too. I didn't buy one, and there were no repairs needed. So that money is in my bank account.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Toyota does not have company-owned dealerships in the U.S.

Reply to
Ray O

Not surprised to hear that.

All the car makers make money from repeated business like maintenance services.

Car sales is only one for quite a long time but car maintenance is much shorter interval.

______________________________________ Free Tips to Save Car Gas Bill & Much More @

Stabilized

Let hot tongue and tight, wet pussy.

Reply to