toyota GTO consuming too much petrol

My toyota is consuming too much petrol and you can acualy smeel the petrol coming out of the exhaust pipe. and i have just change the injectors on them, but i do not know how the exesive fuel is geting to the engine. can any body help with this type of problem.

Reply to
hassan25

Sounds like the computer is getting a false reading from a sensor. You could try replacing the oxygen sensor.

It could be that the new injectors are not direct OEM replacements and have a higher flow rate to improve performance, did you get performance replacement injectors?

other then that I wouldn't know without looking at the car.

Reply to
benkillin