Toyota Highlander fitting in single car 7 foot garage?

Hello,

I would like to purchase a 2006 or 2007 Highlander, but I'm worried that it wont fit in my garage which has a 7 foot wide door. The specs indicate that the Highlander is about 6 feet wide but what about the rear view mirrors that stick out from either side of the vehicle?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks H

Reply to
Henry

When you go on a test drive, make sure to stop by the house. Unless you have two garage doors, or a huge garage, you're going to be backing up the truck through the garage door, too.

The track on the 2008 Highlander is 64 in and the overall width is 75.2 in. I think the track is the distance from outer edge of one tire the to outer edge of the other. The mirror sticking out about 6 in from the edge of the tire seems about right. So you should be ok.

If you go to the Toyota site, and look at the pictures, you can see that the inside part of the mirror is about even with the outer edge of the tires. And the mirrors stick out about 6 inch or so.

But it is still going to be a tight squeeze, but you'll get used to it.

You should double check before you buy the vehicle, though.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Before you do your test drive, check to see that the mirrors fold back. Both my Landcruiser and RAV4 mirrors fold back. This should gain you additional clearance.

Reply to
Dennis Leong