Toyota in NASCAR to win customers

iwhtcimtlfmwmaomopw

I read this. None if it is surprising at all. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

It would be a big surprise is Toyota didn't expect to get more costumers. That's why they are doing this.

There are people who will buy products just because they are sold by NASCAR sponsors.

Toyota, I think, thinks that this will help Toyota sales in mid section of the US as well as get its car buyers to buy Toyota trucks when it is time to buy a truck, instead of Chevy, GM/Chevy, or the coolest looking trucks of them all: Honda and Dodge.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Toyota has been in truck races for years in the US and even winning some, but still only sells around a measly 5% of the trucks in the US

Honda does not make a 'truck.' They make a vehicle that is designed to look like a truck, on an Accord chasses. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It sells something like 400,000 pickup trucks a year. That's a lot of trucks. It takes a long time to build market share, especially when truck sales have traditionally gone to the big-3. As you may know, profits on trucks are far bigger than on cars. So, even a small part of the market is a big deal for Toyota.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff