Toyota news group filter

I have recently changed my email reader to Thunderbird and just got around to exploring how to filter my newsgroups.

There is a LOT of political clam trap in this Toyota newsgroup as well as the few other groups that I subscribe to. Its unfortunate, because between all the crap, there are some very helpful posts.

May I suggest, that users who really want to discuss Toyota issues, add the "Toyota" name in the subject line of their post. Then users would be afforded the option to wade through the day to day garbage, or setup a filter to only access material relevant to this group. I know this isn't a perfect solution, but it's a start.

Those who want to continue posting off topic issues, maybe free to do as they wish; but as a courtesy to others, leave "Toyota" out of the subject line.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Reply to
GM homepc

And how are new posters supposed to know that when they come to a Toyota newsgroup that they have to put Toyota in the subject line to get the assistance that they are seeking? Unfortunately, the only way to filter the dreck is to build an Xref filter for the cross posters and then start adding individuals to From filters. It takes awhile but is worth it in the long run. As a side note, if you filter at the server level you will eliminate these same people from the other newsgroups they pollute and you don' have to build a host of separate filters.

Reply to
Joe