Toyota now at #3 in US sales

For April, GM down 11%, Ford down 6.6%, Toyota up 4.5 percent. For the first time ever, Toyota (including Lexus and Scion) outsold DaimlerChrysler AG (Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Mercedes-Benz) to rank #3 in the United States.

Reply to
dizzy

Even though I like Toyota it is a shame that it is coming down to this. The domestic brands really need to get their act together. If bankruptcy is the only way out of the conundrum they're in then so be it.

Reply to
badgolferman

Agreed. I don't feel sorry for them. They had chances to change their mgt. style and quality but didn't think they had to till now. The only problem is I'm hearing Toyota is suffering a bit in quality but to a much smaller scale so far (Avalon for example).

Reply to
rob

I agree. I hope that their recent calamity with force them to make necessary changes in their process and management style of looking for short-term gains. That has proven to be pernicious to their bottom line in the long run and in their stock price. This may be a good time for them to explain this to their stockholders. I have my doubts but I still hope for the sake of our economy and for the employees of those two companies.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Yeah, the truck/SUV boom gave GM and Ford years of time and billions of dollars to invest, and they kept betting on big trucks, as if cheap and plentiful gas goes on forever. GM's cars are the most unappealing of any brand I can think of.

Reply to
dizzy

Try a Lada or a Citroen

Reply to