Toyota Quality Now Questionable

I was on the fence on buying my first Toyota. The new Camery was the one I was looking at. A year or so ago a friends Toyota Tundra was having some serious engine problems so I was put off about owning one. My mother owned a Camary in the late 80's that gave her grief, but I liked the look of the new Camary but quality issues with Toyota have me on the run. Its the only Japanese car that has interests me so far.

Bonzo

Now have 10 problems per 100 vehicles which is a very average rating. The Ford 500 and Buick Lucern and several other competing cars have surpassed them in quality.

Reply to
Behode ApaleHorse

Don't feel bad Nissan have its own quality issues too.

Homie Jay Simpson

Everybody have their own problem... It's all a numbers game.

I would not buy the 2007 camry if i have the $$ till next year.. then, they would have isolated some issues, etc

--------------------- See my 2000 camry LE

skewe

Welcome to the real world. Toyotas reputation for superior quality has always been more myth than fact. The fact is all manufactures are building good vehicles today. All manufactures make some on occasion that are not up to their build standards, that if why they all have a rebate, even Rolls Royce. Now that Toyota is selling vehicles in the US in the millions rather than in the hundreds of thousands more of theirs that are not up to their build standards will show up as well. Drive and price all of those that meet you needs and buy the one with the total drive home price that meets your budget, WBMA

mike hunt

Mike Hunter

How much of a rebate is Rolls Royce offering now?

Reply to
Ray O

Hey, maybe the Avalon is made by previous GM and Ford employees!

Other than occassional various seals leaking, I haven't had any serious problems with the Toyotas I've owned. However when I bought my 1997 Camry used at 60K from the dealer it was blowing smoke in the mornings and they ended up basically rebuilding the engine under warranty for me. I count that as possible negligence from the previous owner.

Reply to
badgolferman

Whoops missed that one, the automatic spellchecker could not even fix that for me. . Of course you knew I meant warranty, right? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yup, just bustin' your chops ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Generally when I try to be funny half the people laugh and the other half get pissed. I type rather fast and rely on the automatic spellchecker to catch things, I don't proofread. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Toyota quality is never questionable. They will always be the best. The guy complaining about the Avalon is full of shit.

Reply to
84Cressida

Yawn.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

If you can get half the people to laugh when you try to be funny, you're probably doing better than most of the people who try to be funny for a living ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

"84Cressida" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

I dunno - anyone can make mistakes, but the difference with Toyota is they freaking FIX the errors. I have never discovered a flaw (And they're all tiny) that Toyota didn't tell me about *first*.

I'll take the occasional minor glitch with Toyotas (Such as the lousy paint job on my Echo), over a GM POS that's so unreliable that it spends most of its life with Mr. Goodwrench, and I spend time off work due to lack of transportation.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

You got that right.

My early '05 Tacoma had some first year glitches, a spring slap and a rattling cab mount. Both problems were cheerfully fixed and vehicles made after certain dates never suffered, as the problem was quickly fixed with reengineered parts.

I've have '89 and '99 Jeep Wranglers with identical rear brake cylinder issues. Vehicles 10 _years_ apart with identical problems!

Damn, I love my truck!

Reply to
Bonehenge

Yeah, I remember the Tacoma debacle. Siennas still have bugs too, no?

Hehehe, that reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw: "This is Toyota country; so quiet you can hear the Jeeps rust"

I've seen the same sticker for various other makes, but I think it's the most accurate for Toyotas.

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Spoken like a true believer.

mike

"84Cressida" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Not in this NG anyway. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Maybe because I am still able to tell ethnic jokes, without everyone getting bent out of shape. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Gee guys you are finally admitting you have problems with your Toyotas, even when you have been insisting your Toyotas never have problems on occasion like every other manufacture. I have news for you ALL manufactures have a warranty for the same reason, they ALL make some that are not up to snuff as I have been pointing out for some time. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter